Re: Clustering high-availability

От Ragnar Kjørstad
Тема Re: Clustering high-availability
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 02:51:04PM -0500, news.i-2000.com wrote:
> I just spent a week or so working on FailSafe without much luck.
>
> have a look on
>  http://www.sgi.com/software/failsafe/
> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/failsafe/mail.html
>
> you can get it at:
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/failsafe/
>
> I think using the RedHat 7.2 Distribution gave me the problems in building
> the underlying libraries.
> It is definatlely more slanted toward the Suse distribution.

It should work on RedHat as well.

> Compaq supposedly is backing an OpenSource HA Clustering Project too.

Compaq is backing several clustering projects.

They have the Cluster Infrastructure for Linux (CI)
(http://ci-linux.sourceforge.net/) project and the Single System Image
Cluster for Linux (SSI) (http://ssic-linux.sourceforge.net/). In
addition they're part of the effort to create a common framework for
cluster software for linux.

There are aslo a bunch of other available cluster software, see:
http://vestinternett.no/~ragnark/ha-software.txt

My personal preferanse is heartbeat (www.linux-ha.org), because it's
small and easy.

--