Re: Clustering high-availability

От news.i-2000.com
Тема Re: Clustering high-availability
Дата
Re: Clustering high-availability
Список pgsql-admin
I just spent a week or so working on FailSafe without much luck.

have a look on
 http://www.sgi.com/software/failsafe/
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/failsafe/mail.html

you can get it at:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/failsafe/

I think using the RedHat 7.2 Distribution gave me the problems in building
the underlying libraries.
It is definatlely more slanted toward the Suse distribution.

In the meantime I evaluated DataGuard Convolo from
www.MissionCriticalLinux.com
based on KimberLite.

It took me two days to setup  (I my opionion this is good for Clustering
software)
In all the tests I have been doing today it seems to be holding up.
(Bombardment, Plug Pulling, Kicking the PC and verbal taunting of the
Database Process)

I will probably get back to FailSafe and getting it to work on the RedHat
7.2 Distribution when I have some more
time.  But for now I know there is a reasonably priced commercial solution
based on Open Source that seems
simple to configure and also works.

Compaq supposedly is backing an OpenSource HA Clustering Project too.

Best Regards,
Jeff Young