Re: table test

От Manuel Trujillo
Тема Re: table test
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 12:12:04PM -0500, Nick Fankhauser wrote:
> I did not understand the question. Can you restate your purpose or tell us
> more about what you are trying to achieve?
>
> (No entendía la pregunta.  ¿Puede usted exponer su propósito en forma
> modificada o decirnos más sobre lo que usted está intentando alcanzar?)

Yes. We are try to achieve fields of "varchar" (with indeterminate lenght, my boss is too bit explicit).
He only want to know, how is the fastest access to this table; with the manner like "Table One", or the "Table Two".
Each table have only "varchar characters", about to 20-50 characters of maximum lenght (I would like to think :().

> > > Table One:            Table Two:
> > >   1 |  2 |  3 |            1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |
> > > ---------------           -----------------------------------------
> > > 1|__|____|____|         1 ___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|____|
> > > 2|__|____|____|         2 ___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|____|
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > >

> > > How is the best way to know the better type of table of this two types?

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day ;-)
TooManySecrets

--