Re: Please help

От Ferdinand Smit
Тема Re: Please help
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Mike,

> Can anyone help me write a trigger on a table, I have
> created an audit table for a table and what I want
> trigger to do is to whenever a record is deleted from
> the table it should first be inserted into the audit
> table, just to keep track of whatever records are
> deleted.

Is this something ?? This archives my adres changes.

  /* Archive function */
  DROP FUNCTION fn_archive();
  CREATE FUNCTION fn_archive() RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
    BEGIN
      /* TG_OP is the function (UPDATE, DELETE, SELECT) */
      INSERT INTO adres_archive
          VALUES (OLD.name,OLD.adres,OLD.tel,current_user,now(),tg_opt);
        NEW.modtime := ''now'';
      END IF;

      RETURN NEW;
    END;
  ' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

  /* Archive trigger */
  DROP TRIGGER tr_archive ON adres;
  CREATE TRIGGER tr_adres_archive BEFORE UPDATE OR DELETE
  ON adres FOR EACH ROW
  EXECUTE PROCEDURE fn_archive ();

Ferdinand Smit