Обсуждение: Please help

Please help

От
Mr OCP
Дата:
Hi

Can anyone help me write a trigger on a table, I have
created an audit table for a table and what I want
trigger to do is to whenever a record is deleted from
the table it should first be inserted into the audit
table, just to keep track of whatever records are
deleted.

Thanks so much for your time.

Mike

http://shopping.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Shopping
- Get organised for Christmas early this year!

Re: Please help

От
Ferdinand Smit
Дата:
Hi Mike,

> Can anyone help me write a trigger on a table, I have
> created an audit table for a table and what I want
> trigger to do is to whenever a record is deleted from
> the table it should first be inserted into the audit
> table, just to keep track of whatever records are
> deleted.

Is this something ?? This archives my adres changes.

  /* Archive function */
  DROP FUNCTION fn_archive();
  CREATE FUNCTION fn_archive() RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
    BEGIN
      /* TG_OP is the function (UPDATE, DELETE, SELECT) */
      INSERT INTO adres_archive
          VALUES (OLD.name,OLD.adres,OLD.tel,current_user,now(),tg_opt);
        NEW.modtime := ''now'';
      END IF;

      RETURN NEW;
    END;
  ' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

  /* Archive trigger */
  DROP TRIGGER tr_archive ON adres;
  CREATE TRIGGER tr_adres_archive BEFORE UPDATE OR DELETE
  ON adres FOR EACH ROW
  EXECUTE PROCEDURE fn_archive ();

Ferdinand Smit