Re: Sourceforge on Oracle?

От tomasz konefal
Тема Re: Sourceforge on Oracle?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry to interject here, but I did not read anywhere in that article that
Sourceforge 3.0 will ONLY use Oracle.  It does however say:

"Initially, the software will only run on a Linux server and work with Oracle
Corp.'s Oracle8i database software. The company plans to roll out versions of
SourceForge to run on other platforms "very shortly," Augustin said. The
first of those will be a version that runs on Sun Microsystems Inc.'s Solaris
server operating system."

From that, my assumption would be that the report is incomplete in its list
of supported database backends and not that it only supports Oracle.  It
would be best to contact VA and ask them directly before we all panic, no? :)

Cheers,
  twkonefal

--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > I just read that the new commercial version of Sourceforge will _only_
> > run on Linux/Oracle:
> >     http://www.idg.net/ic_724290_1773_1-3921.html
>
> I suppose it'd be inappropriate to post this link on Slashdot under
> a heading like "SourceForge Sells Out: No more open-source database
> support" ...
>
> Tim Perdue read this list last I heard, wonder if he's going to weigh
> in on this thread?
>
>             regards, tom lane

=====
http://adbusters.org/magazine/28/usa.html

"There never was economic evidence in favor of capital market liberalization... There still isn't. It increases risk
anddoesn't increase growth. You'd think [defenders of liberalization] would say to me by now, 'You haven't read these
10studies,' but they haven't, because there's not even one. There isn't the intellectual basis that you would have
thoughtrequired for a major change in international rules. It was all based on ideology."

Build your own website for free and in minutes at http://ca.geocities.com