iso-8859-15/16 to MULE

От Patrice Hédé
Тема iso-8859-15/16 to MULE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I've been looking a bit at the MULE encoding wrt to latin 9 and 10. It
seems that there is no support for the Euro at all in it.

e.g. when I tried to use "recode", which does recognise iso-8859-15
and 16, and convert to MULE, whatever I do, I obtain "EUR" for the
euro sign, OE, oe, s, S, z, Z, "Y  for the different characters which
are specific to 15 for example, and that's even worse for 16.

Should we NOT allow conversion to Mule, or restrict the support, for
example by pretending iso-8859-15 is iso-8859-1 (resp. 16 is 2) for
conversion from/to mule (i.e. use the 0x81 and 0x82 octet for these
encodings) and be done with it ?? (and MENTION it in the docs ;) ).

Anyway, I don't see somebody wanting support for the euro using Mule
to store its strings... UTF-8 is much more important (and
straightforward) to support in that case :)

What do you think ?

Patrice.

--
Patrice Hédé