Re: Word Indexing

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Word Indexing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Chris Ruprecht wrote:
>
> > Hi all, specially the developers!
> >
> > There is a feature which I would like to see - but which, I suppose, will not make it into PostGreSQL any time
soon.It would mean to re-write a lot of the indexing (my guess). It's called 'Word Indexing" and it's functionality
wouldallow something like

> > Select * from text_table
> >   where text_table.text contains 'Red'
> >   and   text_table.text contains 'Blue*'
> >   and   text_table.text not contains 'Green';
> >
> > I actually have an application where this would come in extremely handy. Can anybody give me a clue if this is
plannedfor any time in the foreseeable future?

> We're a thinking about integration our ful-text search engine into postgres.
> currently you can use something like we do in fts.postgresql.org.
> We plan to release in Open Source as soon as we prepare documentation.
> In short, look at contrib/intarray

Oleg, great.  Glad you are working on that.  I know Marc has some thing
installed and I really want to have that feature native in 7.2.