Re: Storing image contents in TEXT fields

От Jerome Alet
Тема Re: Storing image contents in TEXT fields
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 11:17:28AM -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:
> Jerome Alet wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted to know if it's possible to store an image content in a TEXT field,
> > or if another type is needed (in this case, then which one ?).
> >
> > I don't want to use BLOBs, because I modify an existing application
> > which also works with MySQL, and I can't update to postgresql-7.1.x
> > (I don't admin this server)
> >
> > in a TEXT field the image seems to be truncated at the first nul byte.
>
>     To  have  the  highest  portability across ALL databases, you
>     might be best off by converting it to/from base64 or  similar
>     in  the  client application and store the string in a text or
>     varchar attribute.

I think that I'll modify the app anyway, since I fear to hit the
tuple max size with some postgresql versions. I think it's better
to store images outside the database, but the original app developper
didn't seem to think the same ;-)

bye, and thanks to all

Jerome Alet

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Using the extract() function in plpgsql
Сообщение: Re: Using the extract() function in plpgsql