Re: Storing image contents in TEXT fields

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Storing image contents in TEXT fields
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Jerome Alet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know if it's possible to store an image content in a TEXT field,
> or if another type is needed (in this case, then which one ?).
>
> I don't want to use BLOBs, because I modify an existing application
> which also works with MySQL, and I can't update to postgresql-7.1.x
> (I don't admin this server)
>
> in a TEXT field the image seems to be truncated at the first nul byte.
   To  have  the  highest  portability across ALL databases, you   might be best off by converting it to/from base64 or
similar   in  the  client application and store the string in a text or   varchar attribute.

   If you can't upgrade to  7.1.x,  you'll  have  to  slice  and   reassemble it yourself. 7.0 doesn't have TOAST.

Jan