Re: password long

От Mike Castle
Тема Re: password long
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 12:01:22AM +0200, Tomasz Misterka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I gave any user password longer than eight digits, the user can enter
> the base with only first eight digits of the password.
>
> Is there any possibility to have longer password?

It looks like it uses the standard unix crypt() function, which is
traditionally limited to 8 characters.

The file doc/TODO lists a future enhancement to support md5 hashes (and
longer passwords).  Perhaps you could contribute some code to that end?

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/