Обсуждение: user delete problem

user delete problem

От
Tomasz Misterka
Дата:
Hi,

I've got problem with user.
When I'm delete'ing user from postgreSQL, which has permissions to many
databases, hi leave after himself UID.

the result is:

namebase=# \z
      Access permissions for database "namebase"
 Relation | Access permissions
----------+-------------------------------------------
 dbsx1 | {"=","1118=r","user2=arw","user3=r"}
 dbsx2   | {"=","1118=r","user2=arw","user3=r"}

1118 is a result of deleting user "user1" - this time it's oly read
permission, but how to clean that?

With Regards
Tomasz Misterka

Re: user delete problem

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Tomasz Misterka writes:

> namebase=# \z
>       Access permissions for database "namebase"
>  Relation | Access permissions
> ----------+-------------------------------------------
>  dbsx1 | {"=","1118=r","user2=arw","user3=r"}
>  dbsx2   | {"=","1118=r","user2=arw","user3=r"}
>

> 1118 is a result of deleting user "user1" - this time it's oly read
> permission, but how to clean that?

Recreate a user with the same id and clean up the permissions.

password long

От
Tomasz Misterka
Дата:
Hi,

When I gave any user password longer than eight digits, the user can enter
the base with only first eight digits of the password.

Is there any possibility to have longer password?

Tomasz Misterka

Re: password long

От
Mike Castle
Дата:
On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 12:01:22AM +0200, Tomasz Misterka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I gave any user password longer than eight digits, the user can enter
> the base with only first eight digits of the password.
>
> Is there any possibility to have longer password?

It looks like it uses the standard unix crypt() function, which is
traditionally limited to 8 characters.

The file doc/TODO lists a future enhancement to support md5 hashes (and
longer passwords).  Perhaps you could contribute some code to that end?

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/