Re: corrupted database?

От will trillich
Тема Re: corrupted database?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 09:01:21PM +0300, P. A. Bagyenda wrote:
> I am in the middle of a rather nasty experience that I hope
> someone out there can help solve.
>
>  My hard disk partition with the postgres data directory got
>  full. I tried to shut down postgres so I could clear some
>  space, nothing happened. So I did a reboot. On restart (after
>  clearing some pg_sorttemp.XX files), I discovered that all my
>  tables appear empty!  When I check in the data directories of
>  the databases, I see that the files for each table have data
>  (they are still of the size as before).
>
>  I've been running some experiments on another machine and
>  notice that if I remove the pg_log file, databases seem to
>  disappear (or data to become invisible). So I am guessing that
>  postgres is looking in one place and deciding there is no
>  data. Now I need to get my data of course! Any solutions?? My
>  programming skills are generally very good so if it involves
>  some code I'd have no problem. How do I get a dump of the raw
>  data (saw copy-style output) from the table files? Please
>  help!
>
>  I am running v7.0.3 on linux kernel v2.2

i'm running debian potato (linux 2.2) with 7.0.3 as well--

<guess>

i had something similar once, so maybe this'll work for you
too...

1) stop postmaster (!).
2) move the data files aside. (rename xyz to _xyz_ for example)
3) restart postmaster.
4) recreate your schema. (you do have backups, hmm?)
   maybe best to do it without indexes, i dunno...
5) stop postmaster.
6) move the new data files out of the way.
7) restore the names to your filled data files.
8) restart postmaster.

maybe.

</guess>

best of luck...

--
don't visit this page. it's bad for you. take my expert word for it.
http://www.salon.com/people/col/pagl/2001/03/21/spring/index1.html

will@serensoft.com