Re: 7.1 bug fix question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.1 bug fix question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steve Wampler <swampler@noao.edu> writes:
> One of the listed bug fixes is:
>    Disallow INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE on views
> Can some one give me a little insight on what this
> implies?

It means that if you try to do INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE on a view that
doesn't have a rule to translate that action to something else, the
system will complain (rather than applying the action to the hidden
table underlying the view, as it used to do with confusing results).

> In particular, I currently (pg 7.0.3) have views with
> trigger functions on insert and update that trap the
> action and recast it to a table (after doing some checks).

> Will this still work with 7.1?

Yes.  As long as you have appropriate rules, this change won't affect
you at all.