corrupted database?

От P. A. Bagyenda
Тема corrupted database?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am in the middle of a rather nasty experience that I hope someone
out
there can help solve.

 My hard disk partition with the postgres data directory got full. I
tried to shut down postgres so I could clear some space, nothing
happened. So I did a reboot. On restart (after clearing some
pg_sorttemp.XX files), I discovered that all my tables appear empty!
When I check in the data directories of the databases, I see that the
files for each table have data (they are still of the size as before).

 I've been running some experiments on another machine and notice that
if I remove the pg_log file, databases seem to disappear (or data to
become invisible). So I am guessing that postgres is looking in one
place and deciding there is no data. Now I need to get my data of
course! Any solutions?? My programming skills are generally very good
so
if it involves some code I'd have no problem. How do I get a dump of
the
raw data (saw copy-style output) from the table files? Please help!

 I am running v7.0.3 on linux kernel v2.2

 Thanks

Paul Bagyenda