Calling functions inside a function: behavior

От Edipo Elder Fernandes de Melo
Тема Calling functions inside a function: behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all,
   I wrote a function that call another functions, like this:

FUNCTION (...) AS '(...)BEGIN
PERFORM FUNCTION1();
PERFORM FUNCTION2();
(...)
END;' LANGUAGE 'PLPGSQL';
   The problem is that takes a long time to execute (I stoped after three
days executing). To see who taking more time to execute, I modified each one
to return the time of its execution. Then, a made a scrip like:

SELECT TIMESTAMP 'NOW';
SELECT FUNCTION1();
SELECT FUNCTION2(); (...)
SELECT TIMESTAMP 'NOW';
   and, for my surprise, it take minutes to run. I read the documentation
and I didn't found any coment abou this behavior. Can anyone explain this?
   Thank you,
   Edipo Elder   [edipoelder@ig.com.br]

Oi! Voc� quer um iG-mail gratuito?
Ent�o clique aqui: http://www.ig.com.br/paginas/assineigmail.html