Re: v7.1b4 bad performance

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: v7.1b4 bad performance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> I get ~50 tps for any commit_delay value > 0. I've tried many values in the
> range 0 - 999, and always get ~50 tps. commit_delay=0 always gets me ~200+
> tps.
>
> Yes, I have tried multiple clients but got stuck on the glaring difference
> between versions with a single client. The tests that I ran showed the same
> kind of results you got earlier today i.e. 1 client/1000 transactions = 10
> clients/100 transactions.
>
> So, is it OK to use commit_delay=0?

commit_delay was designed to provide better performance in multi-user
workloads.  If you are going to use it with only a single backend, you
certainly should set it to zero.  If you will have multiple backends
committing at the same time, we are not sure if 5 or 0 is the right
value.  If multi-user benchmark shows 0 is faster, we may change the
default.