Re: Re: How do I install PostgreSQL ODBC Drivers for Windows from Source?

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: Re: How do I install PostgreSQL ODBC Drivers for Windows from Source?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I just pulled a fresh copy from ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/latest/
It's 1154726 bytes in size. I started an install on NT 4.0

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 01:44:22PM -0500, David Zoll wrote:

> Adam Lang wrote:
> >
> > I asked before, what do you mean it is password protected?
>
> If you had asked before, I must have missed it.  I apologize.
>
> I mean the following:
>  1) I download ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/latest/postdrv.exe
>  2) I run it
>  3) A popup window appears with the title "InstallShield
>     Self-extracting EXE", which asks me "This will install PostgreSQL
>     ODBC Driver v6.50.0000. Do you wish to continue?"
>  4) I click on "OK"

Yep, same to here.

>  5) Another popup window appears with the title "InstallShield
>     Self-extracting Exe" (yes the case is different on "Exe"), which
>     says "Please enter the password required to extract the attached
>     files."  It has a text field, presumably for entering in a
>     password.

Nope. don't get this at all. Are you running as an Adminstrator? Perhaps
NT is complaining about where the zip extractor is trying to write its
files, and the extractor then tries the password route.

> > I'm downloading from here:
> > ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/index.html
>
> As am I.

Ditto

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 02:04:17PM -0500, Adam Lang wrote:
> I honestly do not know what to say about the password problem.  I've had
> installed the drivers several times on different PCs and not a problem has
> arisen.  Never installed it on NT though.

I'm installing on NT 4.0.

Ross