Re: How do I install PostgreSQL ODBC Drivers for Windows from Source?

От David Zoll
Тема Re: How do I install PostgreSQL ODBC Drivers for Windows from Source?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Adam Lang wrote:

> I asked before, what do you mean it is password protected?

If you had asked before, I must have missed it.  I apologize.

I mean the following:1) I download ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/latest/postdrv.exe2) I run it3) A popup window
appearswith the title "InstallShield    Self-extracting EXE", which asks me "This will install PostgreSQL   ODBC Driver
v6.50.0000.Do you wish to continue?"4) I click on "OK"5) Another popup window appears with the title "InstallShield
Self-extractingExe" (yes the case is different on "Exe"), which   says "Please enter the password required to extract
theattached    files."  It has a text field, presumably for entering in a    password.6) I enter something in (or even
nothing).7)My machine dings, and another popup window appears with the title    "InstallShield Self-extracting EXE"
(backto the original all-caps   EXE), informing me that "You have entered an incorrect password."8) I hit the "OK"
button.9)The program exits, having extracted and installed nothing.

> I (just 5 minutes ago to check) uninstalled the driver,
> downloaded it and reinstalled it and nowhere was I asked for a
> password.

Then there must be something different between our machines that is
causing a problem on mine.  I've found archives of two other requests
for such a password, so while the problem may be rare, it is not unique
to my machine.

> I'm downloading from here:
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/index.html

As am I.

> To try to register a dll, try typing: regsvr32 <path to dll>
> I'm not sure if this is good enough for the odbc driver manager
> though.  I asked earlier for that tyoe of info today.

Stephen Davies posted excellent instructions that registered the driver
with the ODBC system, so that's no longer a problem for me, but I think
it might still be a good thing to figure out what is breaking in the
installer program so others don't have this problem in the future.  Does
anyone know where to get the files used to generate the installer?

Sincerely,
-David Zoll, Programmer
NYSCUL