Re: Granting Permissions to User To Access Database

От R D
Тема Re: Granting Permissions to User To Access Database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
--- Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> R D writes:
>
> > This is one of the features of PgSQL that I do not
> > like. It is much nicer to type:
> > "grant all on database.table to ....."
> > And I asked the developers to do that but they did
> not
> > take it very seriously.
>
> The problem with this approach is that if you do
> "revoke all on database
> from all" you have hosed your system.  Text files
> allow recovery in these
> situations.

It could be found some workarround of the problem.
Probably some key in postgres will do to use the
pg_hba.conf instead. So you will be able to connect
and
repare the problem ;).

Another solution could be some statement in
pg_hba.conf telling the postgresql to use internal
database privileges instead of this defined in
pg_hba.conf, and when the problem occurs you just
swich to the db privileges defined in pg_hba.conf.This
will make you able to connect and repare the problem
(What i meen with internal and external privileges?
OK! same as the internal and the external passwords)

The second one has some advantages: you can repare the
problem without restarting the postgresql.

> > There is one thing I do not like: you can not
> disallow
> > users to create tables. Every user having access
> to a
> > database can create a table in it. This was in the
> > todo list of 7.1 but now it is removed. Stupid...
>
> It was not possible to implement it without busting
> pg_dumpall, thus
> creating an upgrading nightmare.  It will be in 7.2.

I hope to see this :)

regards,
Rumen