Re: Database connectivity

От David Huttleston Jr
Тема Re: Database connectivity
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hey Kisala,

  To get a windows client and a postgres linix server talking you need
several things done on the server and the client.

On the server:

1) pg 7.02 needs to have been compiled with ODBC support on
2) pg 7.02 needs to be running with the -i option to allow
    remote connections
3) pg_hba.conf needs a line appended to allow your client's IP address
    For example:
host    all    10.0.0.2    255.255.255.0    trust
(change 10.0.0.2 and 255.255.255.0 to match the client's IP and netmask
 you wish to connect to postgres on your server.)

On each client:
1) install the Windows ODBC driver on your client
2) create a ODBC data source using ODBC32 on the client.  Make sure
  you turn *ON* the declare/fetch option when setting the properties.
3) Test connection using MS Access.  For example, create an ODBC link
  and try a query.

  I think you will get better help with any problems using Access initially.
There is not much talk of VB on these lists, but lots of Postgres-via-Access.

Good Luck,
    Dave Huttleston Jr.