Re: Postgres Problem

От m.malicky@landesmuseum-linz.ac.at
Тема Re: Postgres Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 18 Aug 00, at 16:28, Nataraj wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using postgres 7.0.2 in a web application with Perl and CGI. I had
> created a database for the web application. I had to modify the database
> by adding few new tables. I created the new tables using the "create
> table" command. When I query the database for the data in the new tables
> from the web application, it does not return any values. I also checked
> the webserver logs. There were no error messages. But when I querry the
> database using "psql" it returns data for the new tables as well as the
> old tables. I double-checked my sql querries in my CGI application , and
> there was nothing wrong, because if I copy and paste the SQL statements
> to psql they all work and return data on the psql command line, but they
> don't return data for new tables in the CGI application. I re-started
> the postgres database server, re-started apache webserver. It still does
> not recognize the new tables in the web application. Am I missing some
> thing?

hmm, this looks like a permission problem to me, try and check
wether the permissions on the old tables match that of the new
ones.

regards

mike

DI Michael Malicky
System Administrator ZOBODAT
Biologiezentrum des OOE Landesmuseums
Johann Wilhelm Klein Str. 73
A-4040 Linz
Oesterreich
Tel.: +43/732/759733/33
Fax.: +43/732/759733/99

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Authenticating some users and trusting others