Re: MS Access out-performs PostgreSQL 7?

От Ragnar Kjørstad
Тема Re: MS Access out-performs PostgreSQL 7?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 09:52:54AM -1000, Joseph Sircy wrote:
> Maybe I need to try a different ODBC driver, or if anyone knows of a better
> way to connect in asp scripts to psql, please let me know.

I know you said you needed to use MS-IIS, but do you also need to use
asp?

php has a feature called persistent database connections - it basicly
keeps the databaseconnections open all the time, and don't have to
reopen it for every webpage. It can improve performance a lot if you
have a lot of pages doing just a little bit of SQL.

(and you can run php under MS-IIS - there is even a tool to convert asp
to php).

--
Ragnar Kjorstad