Re: oidvector undefined

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: oidvector undefined
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Rob -
I'd swear I saw several replys to your earlier posts. You sure you're
subscribed? Anyway, take a look at the output you sent. Anything look
suspicious? Looks to me like you don't have the permissions set
properly on /jo/database: it needs to be owned by 'postgres'

BTW, this was _not_ a fresh, clean install: you didn't rm -rf /jo/database

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 05:46:38PM -0700, rob wrote:
> I am about at wits end.  I have been firing off emails, getting no
> reply, and it has been about a week and a half.  To top this off, I
> gotta describe why I am getting nowhere on this database to my boss!
>
> I am attaching the output of initdb, and mind you, this is a FRESH
> install, fresh recompile from a fresh source tree.
>
> If necessary, I could easily give you all of the compile output, but I
> can't see where that'll get you.
>

> [root@bloodyaxes bin]# su postgres -c "initdb --pglib=/usr/local/pgsql/lib --pgdata=/jo/database -d"
> Running with debug mode on.
> initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/local1_template1.bki.source as input to create the template database.
> initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/global1.bki.source as input to create the global classes.
> initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pg_hba.conf.sample as the host-based authentication control file.
>
> We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=100).
> This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.
>
> rm: cannot remove `/jo/database/base/template1': Permission denied
> mkdir: cannot make directory `/jo/database/base/template1': Permission denied

here's the problem!