Re: FreeBSD PostgreSQL7 port and v7.0.2

От John Daniels
Тема Re: FreeBSD PostgreSQL7 port and v7.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi:
I am running FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE (i386).  I want to install
PostgreSQL v7.0.2 but the FreeBSD port maintainer is unable to
update it (he writes: "I'm busy until 2000/06/27 because of CCIE
certification.")

The current port version on FreeBSD is **v7.0.0**

The changes to the needed to alter FreeBSD's port (Makefile,
patches,
etc.) of Postgresql v7.0.0 port to install v7.0.2 instead, would
appear to be trivial but, having never done this before, I just
wanted
to check.

1. I changes all references of 7.0.0 to 7.0.2
2. I changed the MD5 file to reflect the MD5 checksums for 7.0.2

Is there anything else that I need to do or be aware of before
making the port?  (Frankly, I would be surprised if there is any need
to change the v7.0.0 patches to make v7.0.2 work under FreeBSD.)

*NOTE* I have been told to check if there are any additional files
that were added to the distribution (any file changes, really,
including deleted files).  I realize that v7.0.1 was missing some
files but that is inconsequential as I am working off the v7.0.0
port files.

ALSO NOTE: I don't blame the port maintainer for not having the time
to do the update.  While the changes appear simple, I'm sure that the
requiste testing requires a block of time that he doesn't have at this
time.  I just can't wait for three weeks or more to install
PostgreSQL7, and I would like the latest version.

John