FreeBSD PostgreSQL7 port and v7.0.2

От John Daniels
Тема FreeBSD PostgreSQL7 port and v7.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi:

First, is there a (free) version of JSQL available for Postgresql 7?  Can
anyone direct me to a vendor/website/documentation?

I am running FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE (i386).  I want to install PostgreSQL v7.0.2
but the port maintainer is unable to update it (he writes: "I'm busy until
2000/06/27 because of CCIE certification.")

The current FreeBSD port is: v7.0.0.

The changes to the alter the Postgresql v7.0.0 FreeBSD port to install
v7.0.2 instead would appear to be trivial but, having never done this
before, I just wanted to check.

1. I changes all references of "7.0.0" to "7.0.2" in the Makefile
2. I changed the MD5 file to reflect the MD5 checksums for 7.0.2

Is there anything else that I need to do or be aware of before making the
port?  (Frankly, I would be surprised if there is any need to change the
v7.0.0 patches to make v7.0.2 work under FreeBSD.)

* * * NOTE * * *
I have been told that I should double check the list of files in the
distribution as the PLIST file in the port needs this.  I know that
some files were missing in 7.0.1 BUT THAT IS INCONSEQUENTIAL in my
case since I am working off 7.0.0 port files.  Were there any changes
in the list of files between the 7.0.0 distribution and the 7.0.1
distribution? (additions and deletions ONLY, not changes within the
files)

ALSO NOTE: I don't blame the port maintainer for not having the time to do
the update.  While the changes appear simple, I'm sure that the requiste
testing requires a block of time that he doesn't have at this time.  I just
can't wait for three weeks or more to install PostgreSQL7, and I would like
the latest version.

John