Re: [ADMIN] Cannot install postgreSQL

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Cannot install postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Ross J. Reedstrom" wrote:
  >On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 07:44:39PM +0100, Roman Kurmanowytsch wrote:
  >Postgres is different than postmaster. Although they're the same
  >executable, you get different behavior based on the name it's invoked
  >as. As postmaster, it's the daemon that serves incoming connections. As
  >postgres, it starts up a 'backend' proceess that access the db files. So,
  >yes, by running postgres.exe you _were_ trying to access the database
  >romkur.

I thought maybe this was a weird feature of the Windows implementation,
which I have never seen; of course, the normal PostgreSQL frontend is
psql, not postgres.  I think psql[.exe?] is what you should be running.

     "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them
      in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the
      Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all things
      whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with
      you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
                     Matthew 28:19,20