Re: [ADMIN] Is it possible...?...please...

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Is it possible...?...please...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 04:29:14PM +0100, terpan wrote:
> Hi! first, I'm french and I'm sorry for my english...I hope you will
> understand!
> My job is to move a Website with an intranet (dynamical-PHP/FI) whitch
> uses a database Postgres95...I have to move it from an Unix platform to
> a NT4 one...stupid, I know :-) but I'm paid for that!!!
> So, is it possible to keep the database or transform it in order to make
> it working with another database manager running under NT4...???
> (Postgres doesn't work with NT4 no?)

Sure it does:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/pgsql/doc/README.NT

I've run it there, but not in a production situation. PostgreSQL is less
tested than under unix, but if Postgres95, which is a very old version of
PostgreSQL, worked from them, the current version under NT should be fine.

There was some discussion about distributing precompiled NT binaries. Anyone
know about that?

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer