Обсуждение: Is it possible...?...please...

Is it possible...?...please...

От
terpan
Дата:
Hi! first, I'm french and I'm sorry for my english...I hope you will
understand!
My job is to move a Website with an intranet (dynamical-PHP/FI) whitch
uses a database Postgres95...I have to move it from an Unix platform to
a NT4 one...stupid, I know :-) but I'm paid for that!!!
So, is it possible to keep the database or transform it in order to make
it working with another database manager running under NT4...???
(Postgres doesn't work with NT4 no?)

thanks in advance for your help!
Zet'light...
mailto : Jean-Francois.Terpan@ujf-grenoble.fr

Re: [ADMIN] Is it possible...?...please...

От
Peter Eisentraut
terpan writes:

> (Postgres doesn't work with NT4 no?)

Sure it does. (With cygwin library.)

Re: [ADMIN] Is it possible...?...please...

От
"Ross J. Reedstrom"
Дата:
On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 04:29:14PM +0100, terpan wrote:
> Hi! first, I'm french and I'm sorry for my english...I hope you will
> understand!
> My job is to move a Website with an intranet (dynamical-PHP/FI) whitch
> uses a database Postgres95...I have to move it from an Unix platform to
> a NT4 one...stupid, I know :-) but I'm paid for that!!!
> So, is it possible to keep the database or transform it in order to make
> it working with another database manager running under NT4...???
> (Postgres doesn't work with NT4 no?)

Sure it does:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/pgsql/doc/README.NT

I've run it there, but not in a production situation. PostgreSQL is less
tested than under unix, but if Postgres95, which is a very old version of
PostgreSQL, worked from them, the current version under NT should be fine.

There was some discussion about distributing precompiled NT binaries. Anyone
know about that?

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer

Re: [ADMIN] Is it possible...?...sanx!...

От
terpan
Дата:
Sanx' a lot for your help...
this list is very helpful with great people !
...just a bit disapointed that I don't understand every mail posted!...I
have to work a lot!!!
Bye.