Re: [HACKERS] Re: pg_dump possible fix, need testers.

От Patrick Welche
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: pg_dump possible fix, need testers.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 03:49:26PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> I just ran the regression tests as best as I know how:
>
> ~/pgcvs/pgsql/src/test/regress % gmake runcheck
> ~/pgcvs/pgsql/src/test/regress % grep FAIL run_check.out
>            test int2                 ... FAILED
>            test int4                 ... FAILED
>            test float8               ... FAILED
> sequential test geometry             ... FAILED
> ~/pgcvs/pgsql/src/test/regress %
>
> no int2/int4? yipes!

Not to worry, those will be differences in error message wording, but

> I ran it 10 more times and one time I got:
>            test constraints          ... FAILED

What did this error come from? (cf regression.diffs)

> but i got no weird parse errors or anything from the backend.
>
> Have you been able to find any weirdness with the fix I posted,
> or is this more likely an issue with Patrick Welche's setup?

I'm not sure: on the one hand, that evil join of mine returns the entire
contents of a table, and the connection gets confused. Smaller joins work.
Maybe it doesn't happen to you because you don't put in such a useless
select (What do you want 750440 rows for?) On the other hand vacuum analyze
table_name doesn't work for me but obviously does for everyone else, so at
least something is wrong with my setup.

Cheers,

Patrick