Re: [HACKERS] [hackers]development suggestion needed (filepath as symlink)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [hackers]development suggestion needed (filepath as symlink)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Yes, that's about the sum of it.  Why not the links?  I think
> > that it's an elegant way of designing the whole thing.
>
> The only problem with symlinks is, that it does not solve the
> "too many files in one directory to give optimal performance"
> problem for those that have tons of tables.
>
> Andreas

Is that really a problem on modern operating systems?  We could actually
hash the file names into directory buckets and access them that way, and
have one directory that old symlinks to the hashed files.

Pennsylvania19026