Re: wal-size limited to 16MB - Performance issue for subsequent backup

От jesper@krogh.cc
Тема Re: wal-size limited to 16MB - Performance issue for subsequent backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> jesper@krogh.cc writes:
>> Thread here around the same topic:
>> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/How-do-you-change-the-size-of-the-WAL-files-td3425516.html
>> But not a warm welcoming workaround.
>
> configure --with-wal-segsize=something ?

Yes, but there are good reasons not to go down that route. One is that:

1) It looks like I'am going to be the only one, beware of the dragons.
2) It requires apparently a re-initdb, thus dump/restore of 4.5TB of data

The latter can absolutely be done by scheduling downtime, but the former
would compromise any level of good practice around our DB-operations.

Jesper