Re: wal-size limited to 16MB - Performance issue for subsequent backup

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: wal-size limited to 16MB - Performance issue for subsequent backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 09:03:59PM +0200, jesper@krogh.cc wrote:
> Hi.
>
> One of our "production issues" is that the system generates lots of
> wal-files, lots is like 151952 files over the last 24h, which is about
> 2.4TB worth of WAL files. I wouldn't say that isn't an issue by itself,
> but the system does indeed work fine. We do subsequently gzip the files to
> limit actual disk-usage, this makes the files roughly 30-50% in size.

> Suggestions are welcome. An archive-command/restore command that could
> combine/split wal-segments might be the easiest workaround, but how about
> crash-safeness?

Hi,

Have you considered using something like tar/star in the archive command
to pack them into much larger tar archives?

Regards,
Ken

Сообщение: Re: wal-size limited to 16MB - Performance issue for subsequent backup
Сообщение: Re: wal-size limited to 16MB - Performance issue for subsequent backup