Re: A test for replay of regression tests

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: A test for replay of regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/23/21 04:07, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 7:10 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I wonder if for Windows we'd want to switch to real symlinks, since,
>> as far as I know from some light reading, reparse points are converted
>> to absolute paths on creation, so the pgdata directory would be less
>> portable than it would be on POSIX systems.
> I looked into that a bit, and it seems that the newer "real" symlinks
> can't be created without admin privileges, unlike junction points, so
> that wouldn't help.  I still need to figure out what this
> junction-based patch set is doing wrong on Windows though trial-by-CI.
> In the meantime, here is a rebase over recent changes to the Perl
> testing APIs.

More exactly you need to "Create Symbolic Links" privilege. see
<https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/wiki/Symbolic-Links>

I haven't yet worked out a way of granting that from the command line,
but if it's working the buildfarm client (as of git tip) will use it on
windows for the workdirs space saving feature.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan