Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-9.1

От James B. Byrne
Тема Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-9.1
Дата
Re: Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-9.1
Re: Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-9.1
Список pgsql-general
On: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:33:01 -0800, Adrian Klaver
<adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, February 24, 2012 7:16:47 am James B. Byrne
> wrote:
>> CentOS-5.7
>> RoR-3.1.1
>> Pg-9.1
>>
>> I am trying to run a test suite against Pg-9.1 for a
>> RoR-3.1.1 based application.  When I run the test DB
>> setup task it fails:
>>
>> $ rake db:test:prepare
>> Using AdapterExtensions
>> psql:/...rails3/db/development_structure.sql:22: ERROR:
>> must be owner of extension plpgsql
>>

>> The offending line in development_structure.sql is:
>>
>> COMMENT ON EXTENSION plpgsql IS 'PL/pgSQL procedural
>> language';
>>
>> The error does not happen if the target DBMS is
>> Pg-8.4.  I recall that with 8.4 that we would see
>> warnings relating to trying to load/create plpgsql
>> when it already existed in the test database but
>> now we are getting an error which stops further
>> processing.  Is there a way around this?

See here for similar report:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2012-02/msg00504.php

The options seem to be run the script as the owner of the
plpgsql EXTENSION or do not include the comment.

How does one instruct pg_dump not to include the COMMENT
for the plpgsql extension?

The case in question is the automated creation of an sql
script to create a test database from a development
database.  The owners of the development and test
databases are the same but this user id is not a superuser
and it certainly does not own the plpgsql extension.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3