Re: Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-9.1

От James B. Byrne
Тема Re: Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, February 28, 2012 12:52, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 02/28/2012 09:50 AM, James B. Byrne wrote:
>>

>> Sigh.  I will have to think on this before changing
>> anything.
>>
>> To my mind, the most straight-forward way of dealing
>> with
>> this is to remove the language from template1
>> altogether.
>> Thereafter, the db owner must explicitly add it back in
>> where required.  So, the default would be no extension.
>
> Well that is how it was prior to 9.0.

It does not now appear to be the case.  When I drop the
test database and attempt to recreate it the plpgsql
extension is automatically added back in with postgres as
the owner.  This was a new installation of 9.1 and I have
made no modifications to the templates whatsoever.

template1=# \dx
                 List of installed extensions
  Name   | Version |   Schema   |         Description
 plpgsql | 1.0     | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural
language

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3