Re: Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-9.1

От James B. Byrne
Тема Re: Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, February 28, 2012 14:03, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> The PgAdmin folks would be better able to help you with
> the exact reason
> for the above, but I suspect they really meant:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/sql-alterlanguage.html
>
> ALTER [ PROCEDURAL ] LANGUAGE name OWNER TO new_owner
>
> So in the category I have learned something new:
>
> template1=# \dL
>        List of languages
>    Name   |  Owner   | Trusted
> ---------+----------+---------
>   plpgsql | postgres | t
> (1 row)
>
> template1=# ALTER LANGUAGE plpgsql owner to aklaver;
> ALTER LANGUAGE
> template1=# \dL
>        List of languages
>    Name   |  Owner  | Trusted
> ---------+---------+---------
>   plpgsql | aklaver | t
> (1 row)

I encountered a strange inconsistency with PGAdmin3-1.14.2
relating to this.  After executing "ALTER LANGUAGE plpgsql
owner to devl;" in the SQL query pane inside PGAdmin3 the
extension ownership change is never reflected in the
object properties pane.  Even when disconnecting and
reconnecting to the server after the change the properties
pane of the extension in that database continues to show
the plpgsql owner as postgres.  psql on the other hand
shows the new language owner as expected.

By the way.  Thank you very much for your assistance with
this. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3