Re: Tab completion for ALTER INDEX|TABLE ALTER COLUMN SET STATISTICS

От Tatsuro Yamada
Тема Re: Tab completion for ALTER INDEX|TABLE ALTER COLUMN SET STATISTICS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018/12/19 18:22, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 04:26:27PM +0900, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:
>> Yep, I already did that for ALTER INDEX in tab_completion_alter_index_set_statistics.patch like this:
>>
>> +   /* ALTER INDEX <name> ALTER COLUMN <colname> SET STATISTICS */
>> +   else if (HeadMatches("ALTER", "INDEX") && TailMatches("SET", "STATISTICS")){
>> +       /* We don't complete after "SET STATISTICS" */
>> +   }
>
> [Wake up, Neo]

Welcome to the real world. :)

> Okay, then I propose to first extract a patch which does the following
> things as a first step to simplify the follow-up work:
> - No completion after "ALTER TABLE/INDEX SET STATISTICS" instead of
> schemas.
> - Complete "ALTER INDEX foo ALTER COLUMN SET" with STATISTICS (now this
> prints parameters, which is annoying).
>
> Then let's figure out the details for the rest.

Alright, I'll create new patches including these:

   - No completion after "ALTER TABLE/INDEX SET STATISTICS" instead of schema names
   - Complete "ALTER INDEX foo ALTER COLUMN SET" with STATISTICS by using *column_numbers*

After that,
I'll tackle to fix the documents for consistency, if possible.
   ====
   https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-altertable.html

     ALTER [ COLUMN ] column_name SET STATISTICS integer

   https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-alterindex.html

     ALTER [ COLUMN ] column_number SET STATISTICS integer
   ====

Thanks,
Tatsuro Yamada