Re: Tab completion for ALTER INDEX|TABLE ALTER COLUMN SET STATISTICS

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Tab completion for ALTER INDEX|TABLE ALTER COLUMN SET STATISTICS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 04:26:27PM +0900, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:
> Yep, I already did that for ALTER INDEX in tab_completion_alter_index_set_statistics.patch like this:
>
> +   /* ALTER INDEX <name> ALTER COLUMN <colname> SET STATISTICS */
> +   else if (HeadMatches("ALTER", "INDEX") && TailMatches("SET", "STATISTICS")){
> +       /* We don't complete after "SET STATISTICS" */
> +   }

[Wake up, Neo]

Okay, then I propose to first extract a patch which does the following
things as a first step to simplify the follow-up work:
- No completion after "ALTER TABLE/INDEX SET STATISTICS" instead of
schemas.
- Complete "ALTER INDEX foo ALTER COLUMN SET" with STATISTICS (now this
prints parameters, which is annoying).

Then let's figure out the details for the rest.
--
Michael

Вложения