Re: [Fwd: performance: view or function?]

От Giorgio Valoti
Тема Re: [Fwd: performance: view or function?]
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 08/mag/08, at 12:16, Julius Tuskenis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have one question - what is the difference between the view and a
> function returning a data set? I mean the performance. Which is
> better to use? If its the same, I would use functions, because I
> could use other languages not just SQL to get the results I want.

Take a look at this thread: <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-
performance/2008-03/msg00428.php>

Hope this helps
--
Giorgio Valoti

От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: [Fwd: performance: view or function?]
От: "Praveen Kumar \(TUV\)"
Сообщение: Error during Installation of postgresql-nls-string-8.02.