Re: MIT benchmarks pgsql multicore (up to 48)performance

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: MIT benchmarks pgsql multicore (up to 48)performance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Oct 4, 2010, at 13:13 , Robert Haas wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Hakan Kocaman <hkocam@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> for whom it may concern:
>> http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/mosbench/
>> They tested with 8.3.9, i wonder what results 9.0 would give.
>> Best regards and keep up the good work
>> Hakan
>
> Here's the most relevant bit to us:

<snip/>

> The use of lock-free
> techniques seems quite interesting; unfortunately, I know next to
> nothing about the topic and this paper doesn't provide much of an
> introduction.  Anyone have a reference to a good introductory paper on
> the topic?

The README in the postgres section of the git repo leads me to think the code that includes the fixes it there, if
someonewants to look into it (wrt to the Postgres lock manager changes). Didn't check the licensing.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net