Re: [HACKERS] More initdb follies

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] More initdb follies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Question 3: Is there a reason why the template1 database is vacuumed twice
> in the process? Once before all the views are created (no analyze) and
> once at the very end (with analyze).

Yes, there is a reason, though I can't remember why.  We need the
analyze at the end so the system tables are completely optimized, but we
need the earlier vacuum to set some table statistics that don't get set
by the raw load used by initdb.  You can try removing the first one to
see if it works.

Seems it works without the first initdb here.  I will apply a patch to
remove the first initdb.  I think we needed it long ago for some reason.

Pennsylvania19026