Re: [HACKERS] Parallel regress tests (was Re: FOREIGN KEY andshift/reduce)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Parallel regress tests (was Re: FOREIGN KEY andshift/reduce)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
>    The  multi session test tool, written in Tcl, is ready.

Looks way cool.

>    Where should it go and how should it be named?

Why not throw it in as another src/bin/ subdirectory, or maybe put it
in Peter's new "src/bin/scripts/" directory?  No great ideas for
a name here.

>     The default time for the "wait" command is 5 seconds, but can
>     be specified explicitly as "wait A 10".

It makes me uncomfortable that there are any explicit times at all.
A developer might set up a test script with delays that seem ample
on his hardware, yet will fail when someone tries to use the script
on a much slower and/or heavily loaded system.

Can we find a way to avoid needing explicit times in the scripts?
If not, there should probably be a command-line switch that allows all
the times to be scaled by some amount.  (Ugly, but could be really
handy.)

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] More initdb follies
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] More initdb follies