[INTERFACES] 6.5.3 and ODBC: How to get hold of errors

От Christian Ullrich
Тема [INTERFACES] 6.5.3 and ODBC: How to get hold of errors
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello world,

I'm developing a library database with 6.5.3, frontend is Access.  I use
Massimo Lambertini's functions for referential integrity. My problem is:
How can I find out what went wrong, if one of these triggers fails? Access
displays a nice little message, telling me in English about not referenced
attributes in tuples, but I do not expect my german users to understand
this.

The only error codes I can find are ODBC errors 3155-3157 from Jet, these
mean that an INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, resp., failed, and number 7786, which
is generated by PostgreSQL, as it appears to me. But I can't find out what
precisely the error is, because I can't access the error string.

Is there a way to get a more detailed description?

Thanks for all your help.

--
Christian Ullrich