Re: [INTERFACES] Data Migration

От Roderick A. Anderson
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Data Migration
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> No; in Postgres, different databases are different universes ... and
> there are no wormholes in SQL ;-).

Does SQL92 say no wormholes?  Is it a major pain to code this?  I've got
no complaints as I can see ways to do it from the application level.

Are there any thoughts/plans on providing cross database/instance
connectivity?  I can see a use (can't we all) where a mostly read-only set
of tables with fewer accesses sets on a lightly loaded server.  Or the
personel department (erh... human resources) has a database that the
shipping department needs some information from for POC at the company's
Anytown facility.

Rod
--
Roderick A. Anderson