Re: [GENERAL] Again: How the hell do I restart immediately

От Doran L. Barton
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Again: How the hell do I restart immediately
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Not long ago, Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA proclaimed...
> Hmm, perhaps I'm missing something, but since the postmaster doesnt go
> into the background by default, couldn't you just run a script
> with a loop creating postmasters as they die?  Something like:
>
> #! /bin/sh
>
> while :
> do
>     postmaster  >> post.out 2>&1
> done

One problem I see with solutions like this is that they disregard the
socket file kept in /tmp. The postmaster will croak if that file exists
when it tries to start again. Hmm.

-=Fozz

--
Doran L. Barton <fozz@iodynamics.com>
Iodynamics LLC -- "Internetworking the masses"

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Again: How the hell do I restart immediately
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Again: How the hell do I restart immediately