Re: [GENERAL] Again: How the hell do I restart immediately

От Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Again: How the hell do I restart immediately
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In message <199910081726.SAA06340@argh.demon.co.uk>you write:

>Call this script postmasterangel.sh (as in guardian angel) and run it
>instead of the postmaster. Change the postmaster line in here to be
>your postmaster boot configuration options.
>
><disclaimer>
>This runs under linux. It will probably work under most un*x
>flavors. Dont expect anything under doze unless you use cygwin for it.
>Yes its nasty, I wrote it to doa job, not to look good
></disclaimer>

>#!/bin/sh -
>
>pma=`ps x | grep -v grep | grep postmasterangel | grep 'sh -' | wc -l`
>
>if [ "$pma" -gt "2" ]
>then
>    exit 0
>fi
>
>while [ 1 ]
>do
>
>    pm=`ps x | grep -v grep | grep -v angel | grep postmaster`
>    if [ "x$pm" = "x" ]
>    then
>        /usr/bin/postmaster -o "-F -S 10240" -d 1 -N 512 -B 3000 -D/var/lib/pg
>sql/data -o -F > /tmp/postmasterout 2> /tmp/postmastererr
>    else
>        sleep 60
>    fi
>
>done
>
>************

Hmm, perhaps I'm missing something, but since the postmaster doesnt go
into the background by default, couldn't you just run a script
with a loop creating postmasters as they die?  Something like:

#! /bin/sh

while :
do
    postmaster  >> post.out 2>&1
done

            Ted

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Again: How the hell do I restart immediately
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Again: How the hell do I restart immediately