Re: [GENERAL] Again: How the hell do I restart immediately

От Simon Drabble
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Again: How the hell do I restart immediately
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Doran L. Barton wrote:

> Not long ago, Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA proclaimed...
> > Hmm, perhaps I'm missing something, but since the postmaster doesnt go
> > into the background by default, couldn't you just run a script
> > with a loop creating postmasters as they die?  Something like:
> >
> > #! /bin/sh
> >
> > while :
> > do
> >     postmaster  >> post.out 2>&1
> > done
>
> One problem I see with solutions like this is that they disregard the
> socket file kept in /tmp. The postmaster will croak if that file exists
> when it tries to start again. Hmm.
>
> -=Fozz
>
> --
> Doran L. Barton <fozz@iodynamics.com>

would this not be better?

while :
do
  test -e /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 && rm /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
  postmaster >> post.out 2>&1
done

Simon.

--
 "Aah - a voice of clue in a wilderness of luse."

   Simon Drabble                      It's like karma for your brain.
   simon@eskimo.com