Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 6.4 problems on Linux.

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 6.4 problems on Linux.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kevin Lo wrote:
  >Oliver Elphick wrote:
  >>
  >> I suggest that he use ipcrm to clear shared memory segments and then try
  >> again.
  >
  >Hi, Oliver,
  >
  >I don't know how to use ipcrm, would you like to teach me, thanks.
  >For example, I run ipcrm shm,  it displays:
  >
  >ipcrm shm
  >usage: ipcrm [shm | msg | sem] id
  >
  >What does 'id' mean?

Use ipcs to list shared resources, ipcrm to remove one.  The id is the
number listed under shmid by ipcs.

Remember the man program; that should be your first call for help on
program usage.

Example:

bash-2.01$ ipcs

------ Shared Memory Segments --------
key        shmid     owner     perms     bytes     nattch    status
0xacec9312 3         root      666       256776    0

------ Semaphore Arrays --------
key       semid     owner     perms     nsems     status

------ Message Queues --------
key       msqid     owner     perms     used-bytes  messages
0xacea0207 0         root      666       0           0

bash-2.01$ ipcrm shm 3
resource deleted

     "Let all that you do be done in love."
                                      1 Corinthians 16:14