Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...

От Brook Milligan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
   I wasn't clear enough in my explaination.  I still search
   directories for the *Config.sh files, but I generalized it so that
   a list of TCL and TK versions do not have to be maintained.

OK.  That clears things up, now.  But ...

   Here is the segment of code that performs the search for
   tclConfig.sh:

       for tcl_dir in $dir/tcl[0-9]*.[0-9]*
       do
       done

I think that this will fail by finding the LOWER version of tcl
before a higher version.  For example, if I have both 7.6 and 8.0
installed, won't this find 7.6 first?

Might there not be installations with an old version lying around?

Should the script be enhanced to at least report on ALL versions
found?

Should the script simply assign for each version found, rather than
breaking out of the loop?  That might have a better chance at catching
the highest version; although, it doesn't won't order 8.9 and 8.10
correctly.

Cheers,
Brook